Steve Shlens is No Ordinary Trainer!
You win because of who he is…
Steve Shlens got his start in athletics as a child surfing and paddling under the cliffs in Palos Verdes. From there he rose to compete at the highest levels.
One thing he noticed along the way is that people often struggle or give up when training gets boring. And who wants to be bored? That’s why he makes his training sessions fun and motivating. He’s your companion on your path, someone who guides you rather than leaving you to figure out fancy machines on your own. He sees your work together as “our” journey, not “yours”. He wants you to succeed as badly as he wants to succeed.
And your life becomes less stressful when you know you’re in the hands of an expert who has your best interests at heart. It’s a straightforward, person-centered approach.
On the athletic side, he’s been through the ringer. He competed at the highest levels and achieved strong athletic success in paddling, running, cycling, and triathlon. He was chosen as the coach for the US Stand Up Paddle and Paddleboard Team. He has trained amateur and professional athletes, Hollywood actors, directors and producers, and successful business people in California and worldwide.
All impressive achievements. No doubt about that. And as a client you benefit from the depth and breadth of his experience.
Sometimes success can make people distant or arrogant. Not Steve. He remains approachable, personable, empathetic to your needs and desires, and dedicated to helping you reach your goals.
A unique combination of skills and experience.
As he was rising to the heights of athletic success, Steve represented doctors and nurses as an attorney for over 20 years. He gained a detailed background in medicine and body mechanics. Because he understands medicine and prescriptions, he can work with your doctor.
Steve’s unique combination of medical experience and high-level athletics is unusual in training circles, to say the least. It goes well beyond what most trainers can offer.
Steve’s Education and Achievements
- BA Philosophy, Pomona College
- Juris Doctor, Pepperdine University School of Law
- Coach – USA Stand Up and Paddleboard Team (Olympic certified)
- Winner – International Surfing Association Stand Up and Paddleboard World Championships – Team 2015
- Winner – Catalina Classic Paddleboard Race, 2012
- Winner – Jay Moriarty Paddleboard Race, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
- Winner – Molakai to Oahu Paddleboard Words Championships, Team Div. 2013, 2014, 2015
- Winner – June Lake Triathlon 2107
- ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSC) degree
Set up your free session with Steve
There’s no obligation. If at the end of the session, we decide it’s not a fit, that’s OK.